SHOW NOTES – Interview with Justin Robinson
EPISODE 1, SERIES 1
What Positive Education is and what it isn't with Justin Robinson
"Our purpose is to inspire our world to place wellbeing at the heart of education" – Justin Robinson
Justin Robinson is the inaugural Director of the Institute of Positive Education, based at Geelong Grammar School. He leads a team dedicated to promoting the theory and practice of Positive Education through research and providing training for other educators. As a passionate leader in the field of student and staff wellbeing, Justin has been invited to write for a number of publications and speak at conferences both in Australia and around the world. His appointment at the Institute follows a successful career as a Mathematics and Physical Education teacher and school leader at both Geelong Grammar School and Trinity Grammar School. An enthusiastic sportsman, Justin has coached many school sporting teams and is a keen marathon runner. Justin is an Honorary Fellow of Melbourne Graduate School of Education, and lives with his wife Jeanette and their four children on the Corio campus of Geelong Grammar School.
- What was the process that Geelong Grammar School went through in implementing Positive Education?
- What issues arose for the school once the program started to be applied practically?
- What is the relationship between the scientific theory and practical application of the program? How has this developed over the 10 years that the program has been running?
- What four aspects make up the central philosophy of what Positive Education is?
- What four statements help us gain a better understanding of what Positive Education is not?
- What are the Learn, Live, Teach, Embed principles, and how do they ensure better implementation of Positive Education?
- What is the future of Positive Education?
- Learn, Live, Teach, Embed Framework
- Why an Institute of Positive Education?
- Unpacking the Geelong Grammar School Model of Positive Education
Thank you for listening!
Thanks for joining us for Series 1 of The Positive Education Podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Spotify and Apple Podcasts. It’s free!
Let’s Keep in Touch!
Phone: +61 3 5227 6222
Postal Address: 50 Biddlecombe Avenue, Corio, VIC 3214
Find us on social media: