Thanks for joining us for another spotlight on one of your 24 character strengths. We hope to provide a focus for you as you go through your day, and hope to support a specific strength ‘lens’ in your conversations and activities.
Being aware of, spotting and intentionally using character strengths supports wellbeing in individuals, and helps to build and deepen relationships.
Today’s spotlight is on Spirituality. Below is a summary of key resources and ideas from the podcast.
- Religiousness, faith, purpose.
- Having faith there is a higher purpose to our lives and recognising we are all connected.
Spirituality is a strength which is closely related to other strengths of Transcendence, including Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence and Hope. These strengths are about engaging with the larger universe.
What does a focus on Spirituality look like in your world today? Can you ask the other members of your household to look out for and share examples of faith and meaning?
SOME SUGGESTED SPIRITUALITY ACTIVITIES
- Identify some rituals that already exist in your life.
- With children, find a tree or a corner of the park to look after.
- Visit a beach, a mountain or a track in nature to connect with a wider world.
- Consider a gratitude practice.
- With older kids, think about how we contribute to the world, and what brings purpose to your life.
- Find a local group to volunteer with.
- For adults, reflect on how you use your strength of spirituality, and what it means for you.
- Take on a mindfulness challenge and practice for 10 minutes a day for a week. Reflect on any benefits you may have felt.
TRY THESE THREE THINGS
Waking Up, Sam Harris
The Way of the Peaceful Warrior, Dan Millman
Transcend, Scott Barry Kaufman