Thanks for joining us for another spotlight on one of your 24 character strengths. We hope to provide a focus for you as you go through your day, and hope to support a specific strength ‘lens’ in your conversations and activities.
Being aware of, spotting and intentionally using character strengths supports wellbeing in individuals, and helps to build and deepen relationships.
Today’s spotlight is on Gratitude. Below is a summary of key resources and ideas from the podcast.
- Being aware of and thankful for the good things that happen in your life
Gratitude is a strength which is closely related to other strengths of Transcendence, including Hope and Spirituality. These strengths are about connecting us to something higher in meaning and purpose than ourselves.
What does a focus on Gratitude look like in your world today? Can you ask the other members of your household to look out for and share examples of gratitude?
SOME SUGGESTED GRATITUDE ACTIVITIES
- Start a gratitude journal. This could be written, or try photos, drawings, a voice recording or videos. Think about how you might share it with others.
- In your household, create a gratitude jar. Make sure you put it somewhere prominent so that people remember to add to it, or incorporate it into a daily routine.
- Make a detailed list of the things you are grateful for.
- Send a gratitude text to someone.
- Take some time to write a gratitude letter, and send or read it to the person.
TRY THESE THREE THINGS
How Thanking Awakens Our Thinking, Kerry Howells
Thanks, Robert Emmons
Headspace Gratitude Meditation