Thanks for joining us for another spotlight on one of your 24 character strengths. We hope to provide a focus for you as you go through your day, and hope to support a specific strength ‘lens’ in your conversations and activities.
Being aware of, spotting and intentionally using character strengths supports wellbeing in individuals, and helps to build and deepen relationships.
Today’s spotlight is on Love of Learning. Below is a summary of key resources and ideas included.
LOVE OF LEARNING
- Being enthusiastic about mastering new skills and learning new things.
Love of Learning is a strength which we group with other strengths of Wisdom, along with Curiosity, Creativity, Perspective and Open-Mindedness. These strengths are all concerned with gaining and using knowledge to benefit others.
What does a focus on a Love of Learning look like in your world today? Can you ask the other members of your household to recognise when they’re engaged with something, and what it feels like to enjoy learning?
SOME SUGGESTED LOVE OF LEARNING ACTIVITIES
- If you have young people around you, as them what the best thing is they’ve learned this week. What’s something they would like to learn?
- Ask someone older what life was like when they were young, and look at photos or stories together.
- Teach someone else in your bubble how to do something. It could be academic, creative or just fun.
- How does your mindset impact your enjoyment of learning?
- What are things you enjoy learning?
- Notice when you’re in the zone – what challenging activity makes time disappear for you, really engages you?
- When you see a word you’re not familiar with, look it up and try to use it in a sentence.
- Can you set up a study group of people learning similar things to you that you can talk to about your learning?
- What can you learn about that would help someone else?
- What areas of learning do you find most interesting? What areas of learning do you find least interesting?
- Is there something you could learn over the next month or two?
TRY THESE THREE THINGS
Smash Fear, Learn Anything, Tim Ferriss
Mindset, Carol Dweck
Find Your Why, Simon Sinek