Thanks for joining us for another spotlight on one of your 24 character strengths. We hope to provide a focus for you as you go through your day, and hope to support a specific strength ‘lens’ in your conversations and activities.
Being aware of, spotting and intentionally using character strengths supports wellbeing in individuals, and helps to build and deepen relationships.
Today's spotlight is on Social Intelligence. Below is a summary of key resources and ideas from the podcast.
- Emotional intelligence, personal intelligence.
- Understanding and building strong relationships with lots of different types of people.
Social Intelligence is a strength which is closely related to other strengths of Humanity, including Kindness and Love. These strengths are about supporting strong interpersonal relationships.
What does a focus on Social intelligence look like in your world today? Can you ask the other members of your household to look out for and share examples of empathy and awareness?
SOME SUGGESTED SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE ACTIVITIES
- Ask children to name the things about themselves they like best. You could say “the things that make me special are...” – ask them to draw a picture, or even write a song!
- Kids can write and perform small skits about how they feel in a a given situation; part of social intelligence ins understanding our own emotions and how they differ from others’.
- Complete the via survey, reflect on your results and any changes you notice over time.
- Investigate other character surveys and see if there’s one that resonates with you or the people in your life.
TRY THESE THREE THINGS