Thanks for joining us for another spotlight on one of your 24 character strengths. We hope to provide a focus for you as you go through your day, and hope to support a specific strength ‘lens’ in your conversations and activities.
Being aware of, spotting and intentionally using character strengths supports wellbeing in individuals, and helps to build and deepen relationships.
Today’s spotlight is on Teamwork. Below is a summary of key resources and ideas from the podcast.
- Citizenship, social responsibility, loyalty.
- Working well and contributing in a positive way as a member of a group.
Teamwork is a strength which is closely related to the other strengths of Justice; Leadership and Fairness. These strengths are about how individuals interact with and contribute to groups.
What does a focus on Teamwork look like in your world today? Can you ask the other members of your household to look out for and share examples of loyalty and social responsibility?
SOME SUGGESTED TEAMWORK ACTIVITIES
- Recognise excellent teams that you see in your day to day life. Consider what it is about the people in these teams that helps them function so well.
- For small children; use the family as a way to recognise contributions to a team. How can they support the family – are there ways they are already contributing?
- Collaborative games, like building Lego, or a tower from blocks, are great opportunity to recognise teamwork.
- Perform a play for the rest of the family.
- If you have a musical inclination, singing in a group (even over Zoom!) is a wonderful way to recognise and feel teamwork.
- Teenagers will have many teams they are already a part of, from family and school to friendship groups and clubs. Can they identify these?
- Consider the rights and responsibilities you hold for the different groups you are a part of – this can be an interesting conversation around the dinner-table, particularly with adolescents, about the importance of contribution – the social responsibility.
- Can you notice how people are acting selflessly to support a cause they feel benefits others?
TRY THESE THREE THINGS